This includes support for deaf students or those with hearing impairment, students with mobility difficulties, medical conditions such as epilepsy, and specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dyspraxia.
We are also experienced in helping students with chronic fatigue syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders such as Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, mobility impairments, visual impairments and speech impairments. We also work with students with long term medical conditions and mental health issues.
- advice and information on disability support and reasonable adjustments at the college
- individual support plans
- access arrangements in exams
- specialist equipment
- support workers and enablers, e.g. note-takers, communication support workers for deaf students, mentors
- liaison with academic department staff
- assistance with diagnostic and needs assessment and Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) applications
- information about financial support that may be available
Any information you give us will be kept confidential, and won't be used without your permission.